What is the Frank Fenner Foundation?
The Frank Fenner Foundation is a unique institution that aims to fill a gap in the public dialogue, understanding and policy response to human-driven and global-scale threats to Earth, its life forms and systems.
It is named after the late Professor Frank Fenner AC in recognition of his lifelong commitment to the health of humankind and of the natural environment.
It is an independent, non-profit and organisation with active links to the research, education, government, commercial and community sectors.
The Foundation is:
- Politically independent: we are non-partisan and seek to work with all opinion leaders and decision makers
- Evidence-based: we base our work on comprehensively researched science
- Collaborative: we openly work with and support others to achieve shared goals
The Foundation aims to:
- Promote understanding across the community of the human place in nature and of the full spectrum of ecological and related health issues that confront our society today.
- Promote informed dialogue among influential thinkers and leaders about the social changes necessary to achieve a biosensitive future.
- Facilitate or undertake inter-disciplinary research to improve understanding of the human situation in the biosphere.
- Establish collaborative partnerships with other research and educational institutions, government agencies, the business sector and community organisations in the context of human and ecological health.
Frank Fenner Foundation is a Registered Environmental Organisation and is recognised by the Australian Taxation Office as a deductible gift recipient (ABN 52 456 986 523).